Tuesday, April 1, 2008

You Can Start Your Garden Now


Harvest Herbs Year Round


Now that it's officially Spring the weather in the West is turning a little warmer and the outdoor plants and trees are starting to bloom out. This time of year always makes me want to start a vegetable garden so that we can enjoy the bounty of fresh produce all summer. I love to cook and eat fresh vegetables, but I also enjoy going out and picking fresh lettuce, radishes, and carrots right out of the ground. The taste of fresh lettuce is unmatched for its delicate flavor.

For those of you living in areas that haven't warmed up yet, there is Aerogarden Logo indoor garden. This is an amazing set-up that uses zero soil and practically tends itself. It is the first indoor 'smart garden'. The computerized Aerogarden tells you when to add water and nutrients, and the built-in micro-processor automatically adjusts the delivery of the nutrients and water flow. It also turns grow lights on and off to simulate the sun. Like I said, it almost tends to itself. All you have to do is decide what to grow.

I plan to do alot of motorcycle riding this Spring and Summer, so the Aerogarden would be the perfect way for me to grow my own salad and eat it too. And I won't even need to be home.

No comments: