Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Country Cole Slaw


During the time I spent living in East Tennessee I became fond of the cole slaw that was served on top of hot dogs. My friend there was a local so she showed me how to make the tangy dressing. Now that slaw mix comes ready to eat in bags, it is a fast and easy side dish to any meal. We like it with fish, burgers, chicken strips, etc. My favorite is on a hot dog, with mustard.
I make this recipe 1/2 bag at a time for 2 hungry adults.

1 bag of shredded slaw mix
1/4 to 1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 heaping Tablespoons sugar
2 or 3 Tablespoons white or apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon dry mustard powder
1/4 teaspoons celery seed
salt & pepper

Mix all together and adjust seasonings to taste. Chill and serve.





1 comment:

Deborah Dowd said...

My mom passed on to me a recipe for slaw dressing that is cooked but this seems like a much more user friendly version since the ingredients can be thrown together, but with a simlar flavor. Thanks for a great simple slaw!