Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Salmon Salad



After we had the nice salmon with sundried tomatoes for dinner, the following night my husband thought it would be a good idea if I should make a fresh salmon salad, "kind of like a chicken salad". I thought that was a great idea, even though it meant work for me. But I love to be creative with food, so my ideas started coming and this is what I did. It was delicious!


2 crumbled baked salmon portions with sundried tomatoes

chopped celery

sweet pickle relish

dry or fresh dill weed

mayonnaise

lemon juice

paprika

salt & pepper

(chopped fresh tomato) optional


I mixed all of this and tasted for seasoning. I served it over a bed of chopped romaine lettuce, with my favorite green olives, and warmed flatbread with hummus on the side. It really made a nice meal. The salmon had an even fresher taste than when it was first baked!

No comments: