Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Turtle Cake

This is a sweet dessert. My former boss' mother made this one year for the Holidays and I asked her for the recipe. If you like turtle candies, you will love this dessert. Great to take to a potluck.

1 box German Chocolate Cake mix
1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
2 cubes butter
14 oz. bag of Kraft Caramels
1/2 cup pecans
6 Chocolate Hershey Bars

Mix cake as directed on box. Divide mix into two parts. Add 1/2 can Eagle Brand milk and 1 cube of melted butter to 1 part of cake. Mix well! Pour into greased oblong cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. While baking, melt 1 cube butter, 1/2 can Eagle Brand milk, and caramels in a saucepan. When caramels are melted, add pecans. Pour over the top of baked cake. Pour remaining half of cake batter over caramel mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place 6 Hershey bars on top of hot cake. Smooth with a knife when melted.

DO NOT REFRIGERATE!!!

4 comments:

Jill@SimpleDailyRecipes.com said...

This sounds REALLY good! Turtles candies are my favorite.

Reign said...

How much is a "cube" of butter? Is that just 1/4 of a stick of butter?

Becky said...

Cindy: I'm sorry. Growing up in California my mother always called a stick of butter a 'cube'. There, they come in short fat sticks. In other places they sometimes come in long skinny sticks. So the recipe calls for 2 cubes. That is 1/2 lb of butter.

Bikerchickz

Reign said...

Thank you for the clarification. :) I never heard it called that before, I would have totally messesd up the recipe!

On a side note, I love your recipe blog. You post recipes that I would actually like to try... and you do a wonderful job with your directions and pictures as well. Kudos!