Thursday, December 6, 2007

Broccoli Casserole

I've had this recipe since I worked at a Levi's plant in Tennessee. The lady who worked in personnel (that is what they called human resources back in the '70s) made this dish for a potluck at work. It was delicious. I always modify the recipe one way or another....I use fresh, steamed broccoli, I've used various cheeses, you can try different creamed soups, you can add a small can of mushrooms, drained. The recipe makes an 8" x 8" casserole. I usually double it to make more.

1 box Frozen Broccoli Cuts
1 Egg (beaten)
1/2 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
2 teaspoons Chopped Onion
2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
10 crushed Ritz crackers (for topping)

Cook the broccoli until tender. Drain the excess liquid. Mix together all ingredients except crackers, and a small amount of cheese to garnish the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.

No comments: